Thursday, January 30, 2014

I can't even title this.

Let me set the scene: One girl is hanging on to the porcelain throne like it's Channing Tatum in "Magic Mike." One girl is running around the house half naked. One girl is haphazardly making pb&j sandwiches. The basket of clean laundry on the couch has been knocked to the floor. There is a bottle of syrup lying on the carpet. The entire bag of rice cakes are open and strewn about. Last night's dinner pans are still on the stove. Thirty seven nail polish bottles are all over the living room. A plate with a half-eaten waffle is on the living room floor.
This is not a scene from a sorority party house movie. This was my life yesterday. I was facing internal explosions of epic proportions while the smaller AKPs ran crazy without supervision. Of course, T was at work. Power waits for no man, and no man waits for power. Oh, did I mention we are in the middle of Snowmageddon14?! Iced in. There was no hope.
Then the scene changed to one similar to that of "ET". Two face-masked, gloved angels walked through my back door. They could have been wearing hazmat suits, not sure. They quickly gave me some Gatorade and Phenergan (the heaven drug for nausea) and whipped my girls into cleaning mode as they Lysoled everything in sight. Pop and GiGi to the rescue! They layed the AKPs down for nap, all of us, Lysoled some more and left. T came home early and had daddy daughter fun time as mommy lay on her death bed. They went out in the snow and played in an empty laundry basket. (Probably the one holding the clean laundry from before) They had dinner and watched "Frozen" online while snuggled on the couch. All the while, I lay in a Phenergan induced coma-sleep.
Seventeen hours in the bed, I was finally forced to get up this morning. T greeted me with some Gatorade and the question of "Are you going to be ok? I need to go to work." Ugh. I managed a shower and two crackers. I feel hungover. Every core muscle hurts and I have a dehydration headache. I walk into the living room to see every Sofia the First figurine and toy all over the floor. Let the day begin...

4 comments:

  1. bahahahahah!! you are the PERFECT person for blog posts! ;) I can feel your sarcasm seeping through the computer screen!! hope you feel betters Ames!! Wish we were closer to entertain the littles!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your posts! Sorry for the virus! :/

    ReplyDelete